When it comes to renovations it is important to set a budget and stick to it. It’s all too easy to blow out on selections from tiles to tapware. When you have a budget in place you can ensure you don’t over-value the space.
Here are the top 10 tips when it comes to smart bathroom renovations.
- Plan a layout and stick to it. This will help you make the most of your space and keep your entire project on track.
- Plan your plumbing and electrical needs early so you can make allowances – they should never be an after thought.
- Don’t forget about waterproofing.
- Where possible try to replace the toilet suite for the same style. This saves extra work when it comes to tiling and plumbing. In Australia there are two common styles – research which one suits your existing infrastructure and you will save a bunch of extra work when connecting it up.
- Mix and matching tiles can often save you a bundle and can create a very unique space. There are also many seconds stores where you can get high end tile ranges at a fraction of the cost grabbing line run-outs and bulk discount ranges.
- Big mirrors make small spaces feel more open
- Smart storage is priceless. Think about under vanity storage spaces or wall mount storage zones. Remember there are spaces you can take advantage of across the entire room.
- If you aren’t big on cleaning try to minimise grout lines – big tiles make a statement, make the room feel bigger and reduce grout cleaning zones
- Plan for living – not for show. Every display home looks great but are not always ‘practical’ when it comes to actually using the space. Approach it in a smart way that embraces the best of both worlds.
- Less is more. It’s also timeless.